Our intention as a community is to be open and welcoming to all.
We are always happy to see you!
Opening Heart Sangha makes an effort to foster a climate of purposeful inclusion of all people. We highly value the diversity of racial and cultural identity and background, nationality, sexual and affectional orientation, gender identity and its expression, religious background and belief, marital status, family structure, age, mental and physical health and ability, political perspective, and educational and class status.
In consideration of those who have chemical sensitivities, we ask that you do not wear any fragrances (including essential oils) while attending Opening Heart meditation events.
Please email us if you have a challenge that might prevent you from attending meditation at Circle Yoga so we can support your ability to join us. We meet on the second floor, but are able to move to the first floor when needed.
NEWCOMERS, Here’s what you need to know:
- You are truly welcome and we are happy that you are coming to sit with us.
- There is no one right way to meditate. Listen to the instructions , find a comfortable way of sitting, follow what others are doing, and relax. Sitting and walking meditation become second nature with practice.
- All those who meditate have difficult moments emotionally and physically. It’s perfectly normal. When you notice any discomfort or strong emotions that arise, take notice and then return to focusing on the breath.
- Busy thoughts are also common. Again, take notice and return to the breathing.
- If you have any questions or concerns please chat with the group facilitator after the meditation period.
- Sit or walk with us and simply tune into the sitting or the walking . There is a lot to learn from those simple acts.